No books read, but many movies watched during the last two weeks. This one’s also a special post because it’s the last one for 2023.
Sunday Post – The Sunday Post is a blog news meme hosted @ Caffeinated Reviewer. It’s a chance to share news~ A post to recap the past week on your blog and showcase books and things we have received.
Welcome to another Bookish Sunday post and the last one of 2023! 📚✨ This is where we dive into the literary wonders of the week, exploring the reads, plays, and watches that captured me, reflecting on reading, playing and watching goals, and embracing the joy of all things nerdy.
I almost can’t believe it is already December 31st, and there are only hours left for 2024. It feels like yesterday was only January.
TV series and Movies watched in the last two weeks
I watched many, some I had been planning to for a while already. Others were a bit unexpected.
- Fatherhood got me when I saw a short scene on free TV and thought I had to watch the whole movie.
- I was skeptical about Elemental and Raya And The Last Dragon, but both were great movies, and I would recommend them. They’re fun and unique in their way.
- Blue Beetle is one of those movies I was interested in, but I also wanted to wait for my DC marathon. Since it seems to be a movie without many connections, it wasn’t too confusing without the pre-knowledge of the universe.
- Family Switch wasn’t necessarily on my list to watch, but it slipped in when I needed something to pass some time. It’s entertaining, and I liked it overall.
- I have wanted to watch M3gan since it was announced and missed its release entirely. It was entertaining, which might also be enough to watch the sequel.
- Leave The World Behind was a new experience. I read about different opinions, and while some don’t like the movie or how it ended, I enjoyed it a lot. I might even read the book.
- SAW I to VI are movies I’d instead call extreme. I don’t mind Final Destination, but Saw is way more extreme in comparison.
- How To Have Sex is a movie I watched because it was short and the title was interesting, but overall, I didn’t get much out of it.
- I discovered Killers of the Flower Moon while checking for some options and went for it when I saw Leonardo DiCaprio being one of the main cast. I only found out that it was inspired by a non-fiction book afterward.
- Shutter Island is another movie I watched because it sounded somewhat exciting but more out of reason than the main cast included. I am indeed a fan of Mark Buffalo and Leonardo DiCaprio.
- Fallen is a movie I already knew from a very long time ago when I had a phase of watching lots of old movies. It’s a bit teen-typical, and I wouldn’t necessarily recommend it, but it’s somehow entertaining.
- Der Vorname (First name) is a German movie. I am not a big fan, but I gave it a try. Well, I wouldn’t recommend it. Although the topics discussed were interesting, how the characters handled them was not mine.
- Vorstadtkrokodile 2 (The Crocodiles Strike Back) and Vorstadtkrokodile 3 (The Crocodiles: All for One) are movies I have always wanted to watch. The movies came out when I was a teen and a little bit older than the main cast.
- I finished Sex Education season 4, and it was a great show, but sadly, it ended.
A year of challenges, new experiences, and personal reflections
I got pretty far, but not to the point of finishing my challenges. That doesn’t necessarily mind me. It was an experiment to see how far I could go through a year so I know how the upcoming years would go.
Doing those challenges was enjoyable, and I will not step back but continue similarly.
I discovered lots of new books and movies I might not have watched if it hadn’t been for the simple reason of getting out of my comfort zone.
Looking at the past year, I discovered some treasures and was disappointed in some reads or watches. I didn’t play as many games as I would have liked to, but I don’t mind that.
Reading, watching, and playing outside my comfort zone are things I want to continue with, as there’s so much to discover. There’s still so much to do and discover. A lot is on my list for the blog, and I’m excited for next year and what’s ahead.
I barely watch Musicals, but I figured I had some love for them since my first, and many are also out there.
Thank you for joining me on this nerdy journey in 2023! Remember, every page turned is a new adventure! Wishing you a week filled with literary delights. Until next time, happy nerding! ✨